News just in from DreamCatcher. The next patch (version 1.62) for Painkiller has been released tonight at 1pm EST (6pm UK Time). The patch will also contain the long awaited Linux server which will hopefully begin the proliferation of servers throughout the world at a greater pace then before. The main patch weighs in at 110mb while both the WIN and Linux standalone servers are 120mb. Note that you HAVE to have v1.61 installed before you install v1.62 to get it working.
The update includes a readme which looks like this:
– CHANGE: Linux server updated to 1.62.
– CHANGE: Additional minor physics tweaks to match 1.35.
– CHANGE: Improvements to visual artifacts caused by high lag.
– CHANGE: Shotgun horizontal knockback reduced slightly.
– CHANGE: Cfg.NetcodeEnemyPredictionInterpolationFactor added to allow adjustments to enemy position prediction (default 0.66).
– CHANGE: Removed hallway collision models in maps DM_Psycho, Absinthe and Sacred to facilitate faster player movement.
– FIX: Demo recording FPS dropping issues.
– FIX: Demo playback resetting to Main Menu no longer occurs.
– FIX: FPS drop collision issue on map DM_Psycho fixed.
– FIX: Getting
stuck issue on maps DM_Psycho and Sacred fixed.
– FIX: Random drop on demo playback bug corrected.
– FIX: Spectators going through portals now works correctly.
– FIX: Double teleportation visual now fixed.
– FIX: Staked grenade explosions behind walls no longer work.
– FIX: Map changes while demo recording no longer cause crashes.
– FIX: Miscellaneous sound playback issues.
– FIX: Minor Windows incompatibility error for some users.
– FIX: Weapon fire prediction FXs.
– FIX: Automatically firing after respawn.
NOTE: Version 1.62 includes all changes and enhancements from previous Painkiller updates. Also note, installing this patch will break any previous savegames that are not autosaves or saved in version 1.61.
As always, we